We are spending hours doing laundry every weekend. Sadly, it’s not the most enjoyable chore we do. Many of us despise the seemingly endless hours of washing, drying, sorting, and folding our clothes. Why? Because a lot of homeowners do not have a functional well-organised laundry space. And, those who want to start a basic laundry renovation project often don’t know where to begin.
Here in Superdraft, we want to help you turn your old and boring laundry room into a dream space. Feel free to reach out to us and tell us more about your project. We’d love to hear about how your dream laundry room looks like, the measurements of the space available, and how much your budget is. We can help you kick-start your laundry renovation in no time!
In the meantime, let us discuss how you can revamp your current laundry and make it more modern:
Dealing with old old tiles
Most laundry areas have tile splashbacks. If yours have outdated tiles, you can have them removed and replaced with a more modern and timeless design.
You can also paint over the old tiles using tile paint. White Knight® tile paint is a very popular product used to refresh the look of ceramic tiles used in the laundry areas.
Dealing with dreary, old timber cupboards
Solid wood cupboards are very expensive to build. Consider yourself lucky when yours are still in good condition. A fresh coat of paint will hide the dreary, old timber cupboards. Replace the old knobs with something more modern too.
Dealing with an old benchtop
Need to replace your benchtop? Opt for laminate. Laminate benchtops come in a wide variety of designs. You can get a benchtop that looks like natural stone. This means you can get the luxurious look you want without spending so much.
Laminate benchtops are easy to maintain as well. In fact, you can rejuvenate an old laminate benchtop using soapy water, oil, and vinegar solution. Once clean, you can paint the laminate benchtop and seal it with a clear protective coating.
Creating more storage
Storage is essential in your new laundry. Stretch your budget a little more to have these clever storage hacks:
- If you need more cupboard space but you don’t want to build more cabinets, consider installing open shelves.
- If you want to keep your laundry more organised, invest in super stylish accessories like matching baskets and cute bins. You can purchase these from Target, Ikea, and KMart.
- If you have a bare wall, consider installing laundry hooks and drying racks there.
- If you are building custom cabinets, ensure that there’s storage for your ironing boards and laundry baskets. You want to hide these to keep the place from feeling cluttered.
- Lastly, provide a secure space for your washer and dryer. Include these two in your plans, so your new laundry looks more cohesive.
We hope these tips help you as you embark on your laundry renovation. We can’t guarantee that these will make you say “I love doing laundry”, but these tips will help you create a better and more ergonomic space that will improve how you do your weekly household chores.
If you are in need of a professional who can be by your side from planning to construction of your new laundry, Superdraft is here for you.